Jamal Musiala was at the center of an international tug-of-war between Germany and England; 17-year-old became Bayern Munich's youngest Champions League scorer in a 4-1 win over Lazio on Tuesday; Musiala won 22 caps for England at youth level and played up to U21 stage


By Tommaso Fiore and Ben Grounds

Bayern Munich's 17-year-old midfielder Jamal Musiala, who played for England's youth teams, has chosen to represent Germany at international level.

Sky Sports News reported earlier in February that the young Bayern star would be called up by Germany's senior squad and England's U21s ahead of the next international break scheduled for the end of March.

Musiala, born in Stuttgart to a German mother and British-Nigerian father, has represented England at youth team level on 22 occasions and took part in the last two training camps with Aidy Boothroyd's U21 side.


However, despite admitting to being torn between the two countries, the 17-year-old confirmed that he wishes to represent the country of his birth.

Musiala has made two appearances for England's U21s, scoring one goal









"I've thought about this question a lot," he told The Athletic. "What is best for my future? Where do I have more chances to play?

"In the end, I just listened to the feeling that over a long period of time kept telling me that it was the right decision to play for Germany, the land I was born in.

"Still, it wasn't an easy decision for me. England is home for me. It is difficult to find words for what England means for me because I have so many memories connected to very positive emotions.






















Why not follow Our Football Fixtures Subcasters Football Fixtures